Product Development, Customer Experience, Strategy, Leadership and Vision.
Notable Skills and Experience
- Product Development
- Customer experience expert
- Brand Strategy
- User Experience
- Excellence in Strategic Planning
- Experienced in sales, business management, sustainable client relationships
- Exceptional communication abilities
- Consistent, coherent, exciting and entertaining presentations
- Excellence in concept and strategy Development
- Extensive knowledge about the Web, mobile and its direction
- High interest in social and economic changes in correlation with Internet developments
Speaker and Presentation Highlights
Hi, my name is Henning von Vogelsang. I help people, companies and brand managers understand how people use the Web, and guide them to create better experiences. I am the founder of River, and I helped various startups along the way. My main interest and focus is on the question why people do what they do. I am interested in social effects, in anthropology, psychology, correlation, swarm behavior, emergence, collective intelligence, Web development and interaction.
My work involves consulting and team leadership in product development and customer experience, development and planning of business- and market strategies, consulting clients in brand management and -strategy, creating and strengthening client relationships, improving sales, developing and implementing corporate brand vision and team leadership.
Recent Position: Digital Planning Director
At TBWA\ Switzerland AG (Zurich, 01/2010 – 08/2011), I was member of the management board and was leading a team of four employees. Daily jobs included overseeing project management, consulting of clients and internal education, creating concepts, as well as establishing and maintaining relations and contracts with various Web- and technology companies.
I expanded and restructured the team I inherited to four employees within the first three months. I implemented new work processes and created a new direction for Digital strategy, to drive acquisitions and improve sales.
I introduced industry-strength principles for Web productions, like user experience and information architecture, wireframes, improved CRM and project management tools. We reached efficiency within six months. The team Digital became a driving force for new business. Development and execution of Web concepts for Nivea, SBB, Mars (Pedigree, Actiflex, Kitekat, Whiskas, Balisto), McDonald’s, AVIA. Development of packages for Web business, among them Social Media guidance and support, Web Analytics with conversion goals. Introduction and implementation of corporate brand strategy for the Web and Social Media presence of TBWA\ Switzerland.
Previous Position: Consultant at Namics
At Namics (Zurich, 2007 – 2009), I was responsible for Web- and brand projects for Nestlé, Osec, Phonak (now Sonova), Sika, Coop, Credit Suisse, Rado, CSS Insurances, Swisscom, Swiss Re, Interhome, Various Studies, Symposium Speeches about topics like economy, society, brands, Web 2.0 und social media.
Prior Positions: General Manager, Consultant, Creative Director, Copy Writer, Art Director, Designer
In reversed chronological order: Work for JWT Switzerland as copy writer and creative director, co-founded Web company cel4, creative director at Crambambouli Interactive, copy writer at Jung v. Matt Hamburg, art director at Lintas, Wirz Advertising.
- Project and account management
- Clients: Micro Mobility Systems, AVIA Gas Stations and Oil Switzerland, AIDS Help Switzerland, Nivea Switzerland, Frxsh, a Swiss pharmacy corporation network
- Development of product strategies, corporate strategies, as well as marketing strategies for various consumer goods and retail business, consumer report analysis, conclusion reports, Web Analytics reports, Social Media strategy concepts, workshops and consulting
- Consulting and workshops for products of Mars, Micro Mobility Systems, AZ Medien, Coop retail business, AVIA Gas Stations and Oil Switzerland, AIDS Help Switzerland, Nivea Switzerland, TBWA Switzerland, Frxsh, Pedigree, Whiskas
- IA concepts and wireframes for a Swiss pharmacy corporation network, Mars, Micro Mobility Systems, AZ Medien, Coop retail business, AVIA Gas Stations and Oil Switzerland, AIDS Help Switzerland, Nivea Switzerland, TBWA Switzerland, Balisto, Pedigree, Whiskas, Frxsh
- Cel4 brand identity, Kurz Jewelry and Watches, AIDS Initiative Switzerland, software products, consumer products ranging from beauty and care products over chocolate to fashion products and service products
Unit Lead, Head of
- 2011: Digital Arts team at TBWA Switzerland
- 2002: Creative Direction, JWT+H+F advertising, Zurich
- 1998: Crambambouli, Creative Direction
- 1997: Crambambouli Interactive
- 1998-99: Atomic Fly
- 2000-01: Cel4, CEO
- 2002: JWT+H+F advertising agency Zurich
- 2011: TBWA Switzerland
- Print Ads
- TV Commercials
- Clients: Volvo, Mercedes, Audi, Hyundai and Jaguar, private banks, insurance companies, health care products, skin care and beauty products, telecom service organisations, soft drinks, alcohol brands, tobacco brands, computer software, server products, a small Web startup, Swiss fruit campaign, ads for products by Unilever, Mars, Kraft-Jacobs, Knorr, Nestlé, print campaign for Heineken, TV campaign for Mastro Lorenzo coffee
Art Direction and Design
- Posters for the Museum of Design (Zurich), books, stamps for the Liechtenstein Postal Office, product brand for a Swiss beer brand, brochures for private banks, poster and newspaper for Swiss Refugee Help (NGO), logos and identities for various products and companies, Swiss Coca-Cola light poster campaign, retail sales ads